Lumberjack Song

Robert Leonard rleonard@aprnet.com
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 12:13:05 -0700

thought this was kinda amusing....

>Any Python fans out there? OK, OK, never mind: I already know the answer.
8-)

>Reader (and obvious Python fan) Jim Cobbs sends this along. Alas, I don't
know who the original author is. If anyone can tell me, I'll be happy to
give 'em credit for this little gem:

>set to a classic Monty Python tune, "I'm a lumberjack ".

I never really wanted to be a scientist.
I wanted to be...a...A SYSADMIN!

[system engineer choir and shift supervisor enter, music strikes up]

Oh, I'm a sysadmin and I'm OK,
I grep all night and I chown all day.

[choir] He's a sysadmin and he's OK, He greps all night and he chowns all
day.

I ping the nodes, I do PM, I awk and perl and sed.
I've got a Star Wars lunchbox, and Tron sheets on my bed!

[choir] He pings the nodes, he does PM, he awks and perls and seds.
He's got a Star Wars lunchbox, and Tron sheets on his bed!

[repeat chorus] I ping the nodes, I change the rates,
I fork the processes. I wish that all my lusers would catch some rare
disease!

[choir, growing slightly uncomfortable] He pings the nodes, he changes
rates, He forks the processes. He wishes all his lusers would catch some
rare disease! [choir brightens as they repeat chorus]

I ping the nodes, I lock the /home partition and umounts.
I post .gifs of my boss's daughter from his own account!

[choir, very uncomfortable and trailing off]
He pAings the nodes, he locks the /home partition and umounts...??