Dumb question on KDE

sinck@ugive.com sinck@ugive.com
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 11:10:42 -0700

\_ Hello:
\_     Another quick question.  I'm using KDE on my Mandrake box and I
\_ generally like it.  (I don't want to provoke any flame wars about the "best"
\_ user interface!)  I just want to know-- if a misbehaving application hogs
\_ cycles to the point that the mouse is malfunctioning, how do I bail out of
\_ it without pushing the "reset" switch?  Skimming through the "KDE in 24
\_ Hours" book I have, I don't see anything to that effect.

run top in a term window, figure out which process is stealling
cycles, then kill it either through top ('k', I believe) or from the
command line 'kill'.

David