What Distro to use

Hawke proudhawk19021@home.com
Thu, 02 Nov 2000 22:20:32 -0700

Kevin,
I had used hdparm this way in previous distros (like 6.2).
it never did anything like this (the filesystem was very stable).

when I went to RH7.0 something changed...  The system doesn't
perform quite as well (sure, there are some nice enhancements
like better, more stable X windows managers), and I get loads more
segfaults on compiling than before.

Basically, I am wondering what redhat software was thinking when they
decided to increase their version number to 7. it should be more like
6.5!

Hawke

--
Make a few extra $$$.
Join http://www.processtree.com/?sponsor=29027

For information about linux:
Caldera Openlinux: http://www.caldera.com
Debian Linux: http://www.debian.org
Slackware Linux: http://www.cdrom.com/titles/os/slackware.htm/
Redhat Linux: http://www.redhat.com
SuSe Linux: http://www.suse.com
Corel Linux: http://linux.corel.com

****** publications *****
Eric. S. Raymonds publications:
   http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/reading-list-HOWTO.html

Linux news, tips and links:
   http://gary.singleton.net/

Linux Guide: http://jgo.local.net/LinuxGuide/

Linux Documentation Project:
   http://metalab.unc.edu/linux/

*** (don't know about this, it was recommended to me)
Gotta JOB (Just Over Broke)? Trade it in for a YOB
(Your Own Business)!! You'll love the money...and
the boss is pretty nice, too:
  http://www.sixfigureincome.com/?628750