need a tweak

sinck@ugive.com sinck@ugive.com
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 11:16:31 -0700

\_ Could there be anything else? Hardware/BIOS/Software misconfigurations? Is
\_ there memory upgrades I need to get?

for reference, on my p120/64M at home, running goodly number of progs
(including the accursed NS pig), xmms starts chopping fairly readily.
mpeg decoding takes 30+% of the 120, and if it don't get all that,
it's b
ad n
ews.  On p2+ systems, I've never had a hiccup that wasn't caused by NS
deciding that 98% of the processor was a good utilization.  :-)