What Distro to use

Craig White craigwhite@azapple.com
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 10:04:45 -0700

Bill, I defer to your greater knowledge on things linux and possibly NT.
Regardless of however we feel about Windows NT, Dell, IBM et. al. have made
a lot of money selling servers with it pre-loaded.

However, the decisions that business use to choose a distro should probably
factor in things that might defy what we perceive logical...they might
consider the number of people out there familiar with distribution, ability
to obtain tech assistance via a phone call and many others.

I am certain from all that I have read on this message board that debian is
a much better system for my personal use but that doesn't necessarily extend
to the choice for a business. Obviously, where JLF is CTO, debian is a given
but when I'm asked...I know that in a pinch, I can call RedHat.

Craig