CD player won't!

Craig White craigwhite@azapple.com
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 10:23:26 -0700

Normally, I type mount /mnt/cdrom

don't know if xwindows automounts cd's or not. Would have to wonder whether
user account has privileges sufficient for using cdrom.

Craig

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of Vaughn L.
Treude
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2000 9:43 AM
To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: CD player won't!

Hello:
    I recently installed Mandrake 7.0 and it went pretty well.  One
annoyance is that the CD player won't work.  It's Kscd 1.2.7.  It isn't able
to recognize when I have a CD in the drive; it always thinks it's "ejected."
Under "settings", the device is set as /dev/cdrom, so this must be OK.  I
know I can read CD's, because that's how I installed it, and automount works
for data CD's.  Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance,
Vaughn Treude
www.nakota-software.com