Redhat LPD Problems

ROBERT HENDLEY zen@digitalf.com
Wed, 01 Nov 2000 10:40:09 -0700

Hey folks I am having a strange problem with printting with rh 6.1 using
lpd and remote hp print servers.
heres the layout
2 1 port 300x print servers on hooked up to a hp 4 plus and one hooked
upt to a old gennicomm line printer.
1 3 port hooked up to 1 hp 4 plus one ti 880 impact dotmatrix.
I used prtintool to edit the print cap file. all test prints print fine
what keeps happening is when multiple text jobs are sent to the various
queues (lp0, lp1 ,lp2, lp3 etc...) they seem to hang either durring a
print job or after a print job. Heres what I have done so far
Read most of print howtoo including printtool howto Redhat
tried clearing buffers and resetting print servers and clearing the
queue /var/spool/lpd/lpx/dfa and cfa files as well as using the web min
tool to remove.
The only cure at times is to clear the queues and somtime that does not
work either.

Any Ideas Linux Experts
Thanks
Robert Hendley