port forwarding? routing?

Mike Starke mgcon@neta.com
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 21:21:31 -0700 (MST)

At least I don't feel like I am loosing it......
Everything everyone has responded with so far has made
sense, and is what I have already done.

To answer your question: I have made sure tcpwrappers
was in order (hosts.allow); even went so far as to temperarily
put in a line:
sshd: ALL

The linux box is headless, so I am ssh'd in from an internal box;
I even have two modems connected directly to the box that
work just hunky dory when I dial in.

Looks like I am going to sleep on this one and check everything over
line by line in the AM.

I do have one question: How can I tell if portfw is working, short
of the obvious? At least with ipchains, I can add -l wherver I need to
to hunt down the offending chain.

Thanks for the reply

Mike
mgcon@getnet.com