Thunderstorm last week

George Gambill ggambill@computer-guidance.com
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 13:10:27 -0700

LEA International has similar devices.  They also have devices which can
handle multiple direct lightning strike with no degradation in performance.
10 years ago when I was involved with them, they had one of two lavatories
capable of generating lightning.  Used it for testing their products.  if
interested, check out the web sites below.

http://www.mcclaincompany.com/transien.htm

or

http://www.leainternational.com/

George

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Winterburn [mailto:doug@winterburn.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 12:33 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: Thunderstorm last week

Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 20:32:02 -0700
From: Art Wagner <awagner@qwest.net>
I put in a "whole house surge protector" in the entrance panel.  They
are supposed to have a much higher rating in joules than the plug in
type and be able to survive multiple surges if within the rating.  They
are also supposed to be more effective being closer to the real ground.
They run in the $25-$30 range at HD.

-Doug