bloatware (was RE: Linux Programmer)

Lucas Vogel lvogel@exponent.com
Tue, 30 May 2000 13:04:29 -0700

I agree. IMHO it isn't necessarily the language that tends to be bloated or
create bloatware, but the applications people create with them. Netscape 6
would be a very good definition of bloatware.

I don't necessarily love VB, I just don't see the bloatware part about
it(until I see some of the apps written in it-clearly, there's a time to use
VB, and there's a time to use software engineering & an applicable
high-level language :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Furmanek, Greg [mailto:Greg.Furmanek@hit.cendant.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2000 1:00 PM
To: 'plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us'
Subject: RE: bloatware (was RE: Linux Programmer)

C++ is not bloated.  It is what you do with it may or may
not be that way.  If you use a lot of templates and use
code generating tools instead of real programming you
going to get bloated product, but if you tweak and optimize
the code, and if you remove the fat left by the tools you
can get mean lean fast and stable piece of a product.

The Wolf

p.s.. I am not commenting on VB.