Klyx

Kevin Buettner kev@primenet.com
Sun, 28 May 2000 11:22:46 -0700

On May 28, 10:50am, Mike Starke wrote:

> I have been looking for a "word procesor" for quite some time for
> Linux. I tried word perfect: To big, and left way too many zoombies.
> Heard many stories about how star office was slow: I am not interested
> in slow.
>
> I stumbled across Klyx. A KDE front-end to LaTex.  This is exactly
> what I have been looking for. I type, it worries about how it looks.
> I then grabbed some scripts (i think Perl?), gnuhtml2latex,
> latex2html, and latex2rtf.
>
> The latex2html script is pretty impressive to me. If I have .eps
> pictures in the document, poof, instant .png's.
>
> Has anyone else used any of these programs? Your comments?

I rarely use word processors, but I have heard good things about
Klyx.

You may also want to take a look at AbiWord.  Last week, I installed
Gnome 1.2 from Helix Code (http://www.helixcode.com/gethelix.php3) and
AbiWord came with it.  Overall, I'm very impressed with this Gnome
release.  (Though I haven't done anything with AbiWord aside from
starting it up to see what it looks like.)

Kevin