Router/Firewall

Mike Sheldon msheldon@desertraven.com
Tue, 23 May 2000 23:57:37 -0700

This should be more than enough disk space. My current firewall is using
279MB and I didn't get half as picky as I should have in trimming it down.
(RH 6.1 via custom install)

Michael J. Sheldon
Internet Applications Developer
Phone: 480.699.1084
http://www.desertraven.com/
PGP Key Available on Request

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of
der.hans
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2000 23:21
To: 'plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us'
Subject: Re: Router/Firewall

On Tue, 23 May 2000, Samson, Eric wrote:

> Ok, I am trying to put together a firewall/router box on my @home
connection
> and this is the hardware I have so far:
>
> Old Cyrix 6x86 200 (acutally a 166 in the fine print)
> cd rom
> floppy drive
> 32 MB of RAM
> 428 MB hard drive

Is that enough space for RH? I know a few people have pared down RH
installs, but they knew what they were doing.

Just trying to get people to pipe up and save you some headache if they
know this is difficult :).

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.OpNIX.com
#  Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --