Getting Zope to work with Apache

mandrake649 donn@linuxfan.com
Sun, 21 May 2000 16:36:28 -0700

--------------51C3AC97DE69EDF5AD57A394

Hello all. I am fairly new to Apache and just trying to install Zope to
see what all the positive comments are about. I am using Mandrake v7,
and because of the Red Hat heritage, have stuck with the RPM package
installs (just to let you know that I tried to use the RPM whenever
possible to avoid conflicts with the RedHat  directory structure.
I am trying to get Zope to cooperate with Apache v1.3.12 and pass
authentication back properly but have not been able to. I have applied
the recommended changes to httpd.conf per the instructions at
http://starship.python.net/crew/jrush/Zope/Zope216.html for Zope
configuration using Apache as listener after installing Zope 2.1.6 RPM
with the Zope-pcgi RPM.

I even downloaded Zap and mimicked it's conf file but that did not solve
the problem.

Apache is apparently not passing authentication properly. I am at a loss
as to what I should try next. Does anyone have any suggestions? Attahced
is the new section of the httpd.conf file (with some commented sections
that did not work...

Sorry for the attachment. I'm using Netscape Mail and cannot seem to
copy from Kedit and paste into netscape Mail. Another newbie problem.

Thanks,
Donn

--------------51C3AC97DE69EDF5AD57A394

Include /etc/httpd/conf/addon-modules/mod_perl.conf
Include conf/addon-modules/mod_fastcgi.conf
<IfModule mod_jserv.c>
	     Include /etc/httpd/conf/jserv/jserv.conf
</IfModule>

##############################
#Zope added section# DS - 05/12/00#
##############################
#Added per the instructions at
#http://starship.python.net/crew/jrush/Zope/Zope216.html
#intended for Zope configuration using Apache as listener
#after installing Zope 2.1.6 RPM with the Zope-pcgi RPM

#Added from Zap.conf file
RewriteEngine on
RewriteLog logs/zap_rewrite_log
RewriteLogLevel 0

RewriteCond %(HTTP:Authorization)  ^(.*)
#RewriteRule ^/Zope(.*) ../Zope.cgi$1 [e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]
############End Zap.conf

#RewriteRule ^/cgi-bin - <a href="#1">[1]</a>
#RewriteRule ^/static/(.*)  /home/httpd/html/$1 [l]
#RewriteRule ^/cgi-bin/(.*)  /home/httpd/cgi-bin/$1 [e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=applicaton/x-httpd-cgi,l]

RewriteRule ^/(.*) /home/httpd/cgi-bin/Zope/$1 [e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]

--------------51C3AC97DE69EDF5AD57A394--