Getting Zope to work with Apache...

Donn Shumway dshumway@speedchoice.com
Sun, 21 May 2000 18:29:02 -0700

Hello all. I am fairly new to Apache and just trying to install Zope to
see what all the positive comments are about. I am using Mandrake v7,
and because of the Red Hat heritage, have stuck with the RPM package
installs (just to let you know that I tried to use the RPM whenever
possible to avoid conflicts with the RedHat directory structure.
I am trying to get Zope to cooperate with Apache v1.3.12 and pass
authentication back properly but have not been able to. I have applied
the recommended changes to httpd.conf per the instructions at
http://starship.python.net/crew/jrush/Zope/Zope216.html for Zope
configuration using Apache as listener after installing Zope 2.1.6 RPM
with the Zope-pcgi RPM.

I even downloaded Zap and mimicked it's conf file but that did not solve
the problem. I really want to run Apache, not just Zap, so I can learn it as
well.

Apache is apparently not passing authentication properly. I am at a loss
as to what I should try next. Does anyone have any suggestions? Attached
is the new section of the httpd.conf file (with some commented sections
that did not work...

******
Include /etc/httpd/conf/addon-modules/mod_perl.conf
Include conf/addon-modules/mod_fastcgi.conf
<IfModule mod_jserv.c>
     Include /etc/httpd/conf/jserv/jserv.conf
</IfModule>

##############################
#Zope added section# DS - 05/12/00#
##############################
#Added per the instructions at
#http://starship.python.net/crew/jrush/Zope/Zope216.html
#intended for Zope configuration using Apache as listener
#after installing Zope 2.1.6 RPM with the Zope-pcgi RPM

#Added from Zap.conf file##########
RewriteEngine on
RewriteLog logs/zap_rewrite_log
RewriteLogLevel 0

RewriteCond %(HTTP:Authorization)  ^(.*)
#RewriteRule ^/Zope(.*) ../Zope.cgi$1
[e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]
#End Zap.conf###################

##This section from http://starship.python.net/crew/jrush/Zope/Zope216.html

#RewriteRule ^/cgi-bin - <a href="#1">[1]</a>
#RewriteRule ^/static/(.*)  /home/httpd/html/$1 [l]
#RewriteRule ^/cgi-bin/(.*)  /home/httpd/cgi-bin/$1
[e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=applicaton/x-httpd-cgi,l]

RewriteRule ^/(.*) /home/httpd/cgi-bin/Zope/$1
[e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]

******
Zope attempts to load but the login will not authenticate. I have tried
running:

'zpasswd --username=superuser --password=****** --domain=redrock.home.cxm
access'

but no luck completing the authentication.

Thanks,
Donn