Samba as a PDC? (Was: Re: samba and NT)

Mark Peoples hondaman@mainex1.asu.edu
Mon, 22 May 2000 13:28:21 -0700

NT or 9x profiles?

You'll need to make sure you disable the line wins server = .....; and
enable the wins support. Note the docs on those comments.

You'll also need to do some fiddling with domain logons, logon scripts, etc
etc. I used to do a *lot* of toying with samba's PDC code, but, being that
it isn't being continued the samba team (from my understanding), I haven't
played with it much more.

The thing that was the most difficult for me in setting up the domain
logons/roaming profiles was password-related, being how they were encrypted
or changed, etc etc. Other than that, the docs that were provided were
essentially step-by-step.

-----Original Message-----
From: Codie William Masters [mailto:retsamedoc@home.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2000 1:22 AM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Samba as a PDC? (Was: Re: samba and NT)

I've gotten my Samba running great acting as a Win NT PDC over my windows98
network. But does anyone know how I can get roming profiles working? And
does anyone know how to get User-level security working with one Samba
system and no NT servers? I'm trying to run my small network at home using a
Linux "PDC". Any help would be greatly apprechiated.

    -Zach