[HUMOR] New virus: NEWLOVE - On Linux

J.L.Francois jlf@magusnet.gilbert.az.us
Fri, 19 May 2000 06:37:07 -0700

 As Seen On the Internet:

 Apparently there's a Linux version of this one out there as well. I got hit
 with it today and I have no idea how to go about recovering my system. Here
 it is:

 >This is the Linux version of "I Love You". It works on the honor
 >system.
 >
 >If you receive this mail, you should delete a bunch of GIFs, MP3s,
 >and binaries from your home directory, then send a copy of this
 >e-mail to everyone you know.
 >
 >Thanks for your cooperation,
 >Malicious Coder

 JLF Sends...

 Being a Unix system administrator is like being a tech in a biological warfare
 laboratory, except that none of the substances are labeled consistently, any
 of the compounds are just as likely to kill you by themselves as they are when
 mixed with one another, and it is never clear what distinction is made between
 a catastrophic failure in the lab and a successful test in the field.
                                                                 (--M. Tiemann)