a strange note...

Mike Sheldon msheldon@desertraven.com
Thu, 18 May 2000 15:34:06 -0700

Where did it say that?

I just ftp'd there, and it didn't say anything about the OS.

Michael J. Sheldon
Internet Applications Developer
Phone: 480.699.1084
http://www.desertraven.com/
PGP Key Available on Request

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of phil
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2000 09:42
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: a strange note...

Hi PLUGers...

Just a wierd note.  I logged into Microsoft's FTP site (don't ask why, its a
VERY long story), and when you log in to their FTP, it shows off another
'feature' of Microsoft's security model, telling you what WInOS you are
using.
I was using Linux when I logged in, and it told me:

You are using Windows 2000.

Wierdest thing i've ever seen.  Well, almost.  But its still wierd.  How
does
Linux equate to Winblows 2k?  Besides the fact that its 290 x 10^300 times
better.  I'm interesting in knowing how it figures this out..  I'm going to
try
logging in from the Alpha at school and see what happens, and i'll have my
friend with the MAC log in there too...

Microsoft could just be that egotistical about it, but its still funny...

Phil
Title pending Job.