No Video

Bob George plug@bobspc.dhs.org
Sat, 13 May 2000 22:37:02 -0700

"John Bartlett" <pluglist666@hotmail.com> wrote:

> [...] when I boot, I get power, the cpu fan starts the HDD's spin
> (when connected) all the lights function, but I get absolutly NO video,
not
> even enough to change settings in the BIOS.

Do you get a beep and the clicks (if any) during the memory check? That
initial beep (or several if no monitor is connected) is the first sign of
life that I always hold my breath for. I'd say it's pretty fluky that so
many went at once, unless -- God forbid -- you switched them into a case
with a bad power supply one after the other.

If you don't even get the beep, memory or CPU would be where I'd look.

Odds are it's going to be something blindingly simple. Keep the faith!

- Bob