ipchains....opening tcp and udp specific ports with Mandrake 7 kernel 2.2.14

Patrick Stoddard wd9ewk@yahoo.com
Tue, 16 May 2000 08:14:03 -0700 (PDT)

If you are not getting the ipmasqadm commands to work on your system,
you probably need to download an ipmasqadm program for your system.
Red Hat enables port forwarding but doesn't include the ipmasqadm
program in their distro.  Mandrake may be similarly set up.

I downloaded a binary RPM from this site:

http://juanjox.kernelnotes.org/

where you can download the ipmasqadm source code (in .tar.gz or in
.src.rpm forms), as well as the binaries (.tar.gz or .i386.rpm forms)
for your system.  I loaded the binary RPM into a firewall I set up
for a friend, configured it to pass pcAnywhere connections through
the firewall to a box behind the wall, and it has worked perfectly.

After installing this RPM, the ipmasqadm program resides in /usr/sbin,
you might look there to see if you have the program - and, if so, just
specify the path to the program when you invoke it.

Patrick