POP3 server

Mark R. Myers myers@fastq.com
Thu, 11 May 2000 17:01:49 -0700

I'm not quite sure.
I read all of the docs for Qpopper 3.?? and it compiled & installed on RedHat
6.2 without a hitch.
I made the necessary changes to /etc/services and init.conf
Just to be sure, I rebooted the computer.
POP3 server was not working.
I could not telnet into port 110.
After changing init.conf, do I have to run init as in when one makes changes to
lilo.conf, one has to run lilo again?
Maybe my ignorance got the best of me.
I tried Mercury32 for Win32, but I think they should stick to Netware. After
about a day, I would develop memory errors (128MB RAM) and have to reboot.
The memory errors were not affect NT Server, just Mercury32.
The DMail program is nice, but it does limit one to 5 mailboxes and I'm not
crazy about running an NT Server.
I do that at work. I have no choice.
At home, I want a choice.
Mark