SQL

Mike Sheldon msheldon@desertraven.com
Thu, 11 May 2000 10:44:56 -0700

>>And there's always Sybase!

Yup, the current version is not truly free (free for development and
non-profit). But there is an older version which is free. And of course,
don't even think about getting source-code.

That aside, it's a very robust, fully-featured database product. And it runs
just fine on Linux. I've been using it for occasional development and have
been quite happy with it.

I tried testing Oracle, but I was never able to get it installed properly.
Nothing like a product that uses a Java-based installer that absolutely
requires you to have an obsolete version of the JDK (1.1.16). Even then it
didn't work properly, and I gave up in disgust.

Michael J. Sheldon
Internet Applications Developer
Phone: 480.699.1084
http://www.desertraven.com/