HedHat 6.2

The Wolf codewolf@earthlink.net
Sun, 07 May 2000 17:53:42 -0700

I have not had the chance to play with the newest RH 6.2 but if you
have installed the pppd and it still gives to the same error it is
because you pppd's premissions are set so only the root can execute it.
The best way is to run it when you need it as root or set the SUID

cd <directory you have pppd installed - /usr/sbin/>
chmod 4755 pppd

Setting SUID is convinient way of executing a lot of
admin programs however you should be aware this
premission setting also carries a security concerns.

The Wolf