New Distro and a Howto question

Austin Godber austin.godber@asu.edu
Thu, 4 May 2000 00:51:44 -0700

Take a look at the file /etc/inittab:

# /etc/inittab: init(8) configuration.
# $Id: inittab,v 1.8 1998/05/10 10:37:50 miquels Exp $

# The default runlevel.
id:2:initdefault:

# Boot-time system configuration/initialization script.
# This is run first except when booting in emergency (-b) mode.
si::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS

See a few lines down where is says default runlevel.  Change the 2 to a 3
should work.  Or you can just yank out the link to /etc/init.d/xdm from
/etc/rc2.d/  But I dont think thats the nice way to do it ... then you
have kind of violated the whole runlevel thing.

Austin