Netscape only works as root

Furmanek, Greg Greg.Furmanek@hit.cendant.com
Wed, 3 May 2000 12:53:42 -0400

I would also check permissions on other files in the Netscape directory.

-----Original Message-----
From: The Wyvern [mailto:Wyvernlord@firstlinux.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2000 10:34 AM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: RE: Netscape only works as root

Sorry for the delay in trying this. Deleted the ~/.netscape directory, no
change. Removed the user and recreated. No change. Created a new User, no
change. Netscape still functions only while logged in as root. Would it do
any good to copy the .netscape directory from the root ID to my ID?

Any other suggestions? I really hate to surf the web as root, not a good
thing!

Chris Hemminghaus

--- Lucas Vogel <lvogel@exponent.com>