(no subject)

Kevin Brown kevin_brown@uswest.net
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 21:41:54 -0700

Well after much argueing with one of the developers of a program (ShowEQ) I
finally caved on the idea of getting it to run on my Multia.  I cleaned out some
space on my laptop (the panasonic that I have at meetings) and installed RH6.0.
To my surprise I was able to get the LCD configured in under 2 minutes (took
forever under 5.2 even with help from the PLUG), got KDE installed and then
after 6 hours of trying to get the new version of QT onto it, I got it running.
I have the Xircom CE PCMCIA nic configured (to some degree), it works the first
time, but if I remove it and put it back in linux sees it as a memory card
(doh!).  I have the KDE version from RH6.2, and the latest QT installed (as well
as the backwards compatibility stuff).  Xwindows looks great, KDE is a nice
environment, and now I just need to see if I can get sound working.  Once I can
get it to play MP3s, I won't need windows.

--
"Intel giveth and Microsoft Taketh Away" - Gordon Moore