GnuPG and Palmpilot

J.L.Francois jlf@magusnet.gilbert.az.us
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 19:55:27 -0700

It seems like on Mon, May 01, 2000 at 03:22:01AM -0500, Nathan Saper scribbled:
Orig Msg> Hash: SHA1
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> Comrades:
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> I think I remember someone here mentioning using GnuPG on a PalmOS device.
Orig Msg> Am I imagining things, or is this actually possible?  If so, where do I go
Orig Msg> for more info?
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> TIA,
Orig Msg> Nathan
Orig Msg>

Here is what I have done to date using native Linux tools:

I.   Import Public Key(s) to Palm Pilot as memo
II.  Extract beamed keys from Pilot after sync with Linux laptop
     and add to keyring.
III. Email signed keys directly from Pilot.

This just makes it easy to beam a public key and store it on a pilot
to be added to keyrings and/or signed.
The best part is that the format of the keys doesn't get mangled
in the translation.

Nothing earth shaking since all the above is simple to do.

I posted it because we have the GPG meeting comeing up and
no one else has done it yet and I wanted to make sure we had
more than GPG but explored different ways to use Linux and
GPG.

If you want to try PGP on a Pilot check out:
http://www.zedz/com
look for palmopgp.tgz

JLF Sends...
"Don't Die Wondering."