ipchains - sorry to flog this horse

Craig White CraigWhite@AzApple.com
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 10:51:52 -0700

---
thanks David

I am only supplying DNS to the internal network so I can block port 53 on
the external interface without issue I think. I should have specified that
the rules that I was discussing were for the external interface.

and the little bit I have learned about the difference between DENY & REJECT
is that REJECT will end the discussion because it sends a message back but
DENY makes it look dumb and disguises the nature of services running. As I
wrote to Mike, the amount that I have learned thus far has taught me that I
know far too little so I am guilty of using this message board to further my
understanding.

Thanks

Craig