What shell we do with the Microsoft.....

Craig White CraigWhite@AzApple.com
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 00:05:26 -0700

-----
Your analogy of dealings with SuSE are interesting but have nothing to do
with the Microsoft issue.

The problem with Microsoft (and the other predators of industry since the
industrial revolution that began after the civil war) is that they used
their position in the industry to wipe out their competitors - Netscape
couldn't compete in the browser category because their competition not only
gave the product away for free...they bundled it into and made their freebee
part and parcel of the operating system. They restrained trade by bullying
the computer manufacturers from pre-installing Netscape by pulling the
license to sell computers with the Windows OS.

This was on the heels of the previous settlement that Microsoft had with the
justice department when Microsoft withheld key details of the Windows 95 OS
so that only Microsoft had the application software that utilized the new
features - setting all other competitors behind from 6 months to a year.

I will refrain from inferences or conclusions. I simply don't agree with the
concept of non-interference and letting the market decide.

Craig
- Craig White - PO Box 8634 - Scottsdale, Arizona - 85252
- e-mail address ................ - CraigWhite@AzApple.com
- world wide web address ........ - http://www.AzApple.com
- e-mail my pager address ....... - 6023779752@airtouch.net
- cellular phone ................ - (602) 377-9752
- voice/facsimile ............... - (480) 945-8445