VDSL April 5th!

Mike Cantrell yomahz@devnull.org
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 19:42:50 -0700

> We have had VDSL since mid-November. It works very well, and we have had
> complete uptime except for one day when US Worst went back into the box to
> hook up a new customer and inadvertently knocked us offline. You will have
> up to 3 video streams, voice and DSL all in one package.
>
> We have encountered only two general drawbacks so far:
>
> 1. No more taping video off the air with your VCR except on the
> currently-set channel, since each video stream (service to one TV set)
> handles only the channel now being viewed;
>
> 2. No customer service. The numbers they give you point to out-of-state call
> centers where they know about the phone and TV parts of the service, but are
> totally clueless about DSL, the Internet, or the hosting service. PLUG and
> other user groups will be your guides here.

Heh, I'm lucky. My roomate is part of the crew that has recently been called in
to clean up US Wests's DSL tech support. Hopefully we should have VDSL soon as
well. If you have any questions or need something looked at, msg me and I'll
pass it on to my roomate. Not making any promisese tho'  ;)

Mike Cantrell