ftp

Mike Cantrell yomahz@devnull.org
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:19:21 -0700

First check the /etc/services file and make sure it has the ftp line with the
appropriate tcp port and is not commented out:

grep ftp /etc/services
ftp             21/tcp

Also make sure you have the ftp server installed. Examine the inetd.conf line
for the ftp program called from the tcp wrappers. it should be something like
in.ftpd   . This program will most likely reside in /usr/sbin if you don't have
it installed, grab a popular FTP server like wu-ftp from rpmfind.net

Hope it helps,
Mike Cantrell