Speedchoice

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 10:32:33 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Craig White wrote:

> by the way...
>
> last week I ragged on Speedchoice saying that their service was running
> poorly if at all and I believe that I related my statement to their tech
> support...that they had achieved the impossible...they were making Cox look
> good.

They're starting to, but at least they haven't turned into the Cox
faschists yet :).

> Anyway, they updated their hardware at my house yesterday.
> cons - changed IP address
>      - had to stay home for them to do the work

My IP didn't change, but the service has gotten worse. I'm still on their
one way (half duplex) (known too many people with probs with the two way
(full duplex)) and and have been having the connection drop. I *always*
have network traffic. Sometimes, though, it's not much and that appears to
be when the connection was dropping. Then it wouldn't come back up short
of a cable modem reset :(. That sucks especially when I don't notice it
until I get to work.

This happened several days in a row, but still wasn't that often. They
changed out my cable modem yesterday and after that it went down while I
was using it (solid ping going as well as a web browser and a couple of
things in the background). It was down again this morning.

Also, regardless of what they say, it goes down every time we get a hard
rain.

ciao,

der.hans
--