Position in Phoenix (fwd)

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 13:03:14 -0700 (MST)

--------------0C49B152BD63A79D8DF128EF

moin, moin,

the attachment has the job descrip. I know LinuxCare is doing some
business in Phx. That's how we got Jim Dennis a few months back :).

ciao,

der.hans
--
# +++++++++++=================================+++++++++++ #
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com                  www.excelco.com #
#            http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/              #
#   I'm not anti-social, I'm pro-individual. - der.hans   #
# ===========+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=========== #

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 09:10:01 -0800
From: treed <treed@linuxcare.com>
To: der.hans <PLUG@LuftHans.com>
Subject: Re: Position in Phoenix

Thanks,

Attached job description.

Cheers,

--
Tom Reed, WW Sales Support Manager, Linuxcare, Inc.
+1 281.345.9962 tel-fax, treed@linuxcare.com

--------------0C49B152BD63A79D8DF128EF

Company: Linuxcare (Contact Tom Reed treed@linuxcare.com 281.345.9962)
Position: Technical Account Manager
Responsibilities:
Will be Technical spokes person for all Linuxcare Service offerings
Will work with Account Executive(s) to co-develop and execute sales strategy for major account(s)
Will develop and execute technical strategy(s) to meet the following objectives:
A sustained communication channel between customer and Linuxcare technical organizations
The formation of a trusted partner status with customer
A detailed understanding of customer's business and critical business problems
A detailed understanding of all current and proposed service opportunities
Provide an escalation channel for current and proposed  service issues
Will provide project management of all customer opportunities.

Educational Requirements (e.g., Degree/Major):
BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Engineering or Science
Strong Project Management skills (PMI certification or equivalent desirable)
2- 5 years of technical pre-sales or technical support experience
Strong organizational and communication skills

List specific Technical Requirements (e.g., Java, HTML, Networking, etc):
Experienced it:
Linux or Unix based systems administration
TCP/IP network configuration and management skills (including NIS/DNS/LDAP)
Shell script writing in (sh, csh, bash, ksh)
Application development and debugging in (C, C++, Fortran, Java, Perl)
Installation, configuration, and tuning of a Linux or Unix based kernel.
Desirable skills:
Parallel applications development
Samba configuration and management
Messaging, User provisioning, Clustering, Fail-over, File-serving

--------------0C49B152BD63A79D8DF128EF--