remote side job today - [azipa] Looking for some Red Hat help (fwd)

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:09:11 -0700 (MST)

moin, moin,

just passing it along...

ciao,

der.hans
--
# +++++++++++=================================+++++++++++ #
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com                  www.excelco.com #
#            http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/              #
#   I'm not anti-social, I'm pro-individual. - der.hans   #
# ===========+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=========== #

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 08:35:06 -0700
From: dwacks@saleslogix.com
To: azipa@listbot.com
Subject: [azipa] Looking for some Red Hat help

AZIPA Discussion List - http://www.azipa.org

Hi,

I need someone thoroughly familiar with Red Hat to help us finish our
configuration install. Here is what I still need to have done:

1. nntp set up and configured for newsgroups. INN was installed, but doesn't
seem to be responding properly.

2. General security questions with groups and access. e.g. we virtually host
several websites which is owned by root and the website group. Whenever
someone (in the website group) changes a page (via ftp) the permissions are
reset and the page no longer works, we need to log in as root and chown the
pages back.

3. backup agent for red hat 6.1 is installed and running but the backup
server cannot see it.

4. majordomo install (this is a lower priority) and configured

5. Excite search for web servers installed.

Help with any/all of the above is needed.

Note the box has (working) Apache, PHP 2, PHP 3, Samba, MySQL. We are
virtually hosting several web sites through IP redirection.

If you can help me, please contact me today. I need this handled today and
tomorrow.

We can do this onsite or telnet. My Unix consultants estimated this to take
2-5 hours, they are just swamped and do not have time to complete this.

Thank you,
Dave

David C.Z. Wacks
Website Manager
                                               SalesLogix Corporation
(480) 368-3806    Direct Phone          8800 N. Gainey Center Drive
(800) 555-4424 x 3806                   Suite 200
(480) 315-3121    Fax                   Scottsdale, AZ  85258
(480) 560-1195    Cell.                 480.368.3700
dwacks@saleslogix.com

SalesLogix:  What you need to sell sm