What is the best linux compatible laptop

Jason Brown vafudar@earthlink.net
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 19:05:34 -0700

I ran into this on the 425cds.  The display actually can use better graphics
than the default XFree86 allows.  If you look at the documentation for the
video card (mine was a chips and technologies CT65550).  You will see an option
to manually increase the highest allowable dot clock.  I think it is "DacSpeed"
so in you video card setting of the XF86Config file, you would add

DacSpeed maximum-dot-clock-from-manual
(ex. DacSpeed 50).

Hope this helps.

Jason Brown