wireless service

Jason Brown vafudar@earthlink.net
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 19:06:55 -0700

I talked to a rep at renaissance networking today and got some promising news.
They are finishing up their testing on a wireless internet access option that
may be worthwhile to wait for.  They expect it to be out within four months
valley wide.

The router uses embedded linux technology and will allow for any number of
hosts on a private lan behind it.  They do not care about lan's or servers
being used.  They are pricing/regulating the access by a "guarenteed" minimal
connection speed, with higher speeds possible if the net is not at capacity.
They will also deploy many towers as opposed to the couple that speedchoice
does.

The most surprising thing was that the rep actually new their products and
technology.  They seem to be putting a good service together and I will try it
out since I cannot get cable or dsl.

I am on their mailing list for when it will be available, and will pass on the
info.

Jason Brown