email annoyances

Kevin Brown kevin_brown@uswest.net
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 17:08:19 -0700

Well for the second time this year I have received the little Happypark.exe
trojan in my mail box.  I'm sick of seeing this and would like to configure the
linux box (when I get it back on the network) to use fetchmail to retrieve my
email and then run some filters on it to delete attachments (like .exe, .doc,
etc...) and send them to the bit bucket and strip off email business cards (like
J. Francois) to get rid of them as well.  Has anyone done something similar?  I
would setup the linux box to also act as the outgoing email server, but without
a static external ip and domain name I can't get qmail to work (based on the
docs I've read).

--
"Intel giveth and Microsoft Taketh Away" - Gordon Moore