port scanning

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 10:35:44 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Wes Bateman wrote:

> You don't have Abacus Project stuff like Port Sentry running, right?  Is

Not that I find.

> it possible you installed that some time back and don't recall?  That's
> the only thing I can think of that would dynamically "cut you off."

I just installed the debian developer station :). Who knows what's in it.

The one thing I haven't checked is to see if I built this into the
kernel. There used to be a 2.0.x patch that would do this type of thing. I
don't know if that's been added to 2.2.x and I don't remember seeing it as
an option. I'll go look at the kernel options a little more closely.

At least we know whatever it is works pretty good :).

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com                  www.excelco.com #