Kernel is missng ipchains.

fredlogo fredlogo" <fredlogo@digitalf.com
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 01:47:14 -0700

I'm using kernel 2.2.10 and SuSE 6.2 distribution.
When I run Kfirewall an error pops up and says it can't find the ipchains.
The manual says the ipchains  should be in there somewhere under /proc/net/
something?
I don't have a /proc/net directory let alone the something.  So the ipchains
aren't configured in the kernel according to the literature.

So I read and read and have no clue on how to get the ipchain-1.3.9.zippity
do dah.gz file to do anything let alone jump over into the kernel.

What to do?   1) download a new kernel?
                         2) insert some ipchains in the existing kernel.

 I checked & have config_ipchains marked "Y"  or enabled when using:   make
xconfig    (in kde).    I actually compiled a new kernel it worked.  My
sound still doesn't  but at least the box boots.

To install - it more or less says to type:  install ipchains ipchains.8
                                                                @-mv
ipchains ipchains.old
                                                                  blah,
blah,blah!
Where or under what directory should you put these ipchain-1.3.9.zippity do
dah.gz   files?  proc/net/ipchains?
I guess I'm too used to MS multiple guess user interface.  : )

Thanks,
Fred