linux & ipmasq

Furmanek, Greg Greg.Furmanek@hit.cendant.com
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 12:03:27 -0500

Mandrake does not support ipfwadm any more
you have to use the ipmasqadm and it may not come standard on Mardrake.
You may have to download the packages from the internet.

About your question.
These are firewall rules and they (IMO) should have their own
startup file.

Since your Linux box is the router at this time I would
recommend to read Firewall-HOWTO and Ipchains-HOWTO.

The Wolf
"The question is not: Are we paranoid?
 The question is: Are we paranoid enough?"

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc [mailto:mgfh_4@uswest.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2000 7:42 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: linux & ipmasq

Hi all,
I'm fairly new to linux and ran across a problem that I'm not sure how to
fix. I'm running a Linux box (Mandrake 7.0), which is set up as a router for
my other winblows comps. I am trying to use a program called battlecom(on
windows comp), which has not worked since I started using my linux box as a
router.
I found the config below on the website of battlecom, but I wasnt sure where
I'm supposed to enter these lines. Do they go into the etc/rc.d/rc.local
file??
Any help is highly appreciated.
Thanks
Marc

Step 1: You need to have root or su access.
Step 2: Find the ipmasqadm rpm for ipchains or the ipautofw rpm if you're
using ipfwadm and install the RPM (if not already installed... can be found
at rpmfind.net)
Step 3: For IP Chains use this command set:

ipmasqadm autofw -A -v -r udp 2300 2400 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz
ipmasqadm autofw -A -v -r tcp 2300 2400 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz
ipmasqadm autofw -A -v -r tcp 47624 47624 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz
ipmasqadm autofw -A -v -r udp 47624 47624 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz
ipmasqadm autofw -A -v -r udp 28800 28900 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz

For ipfwadm:

ipautofw -A -v -r udp 2300 2400 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz
ipautofw -A -v -r tcp 2300 2400 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz
ipautofw -A -v -r tcp 47624 47624 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz
ipautofw -A -v -r udp 47624 47624 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz
ipautofw -A -v -r udp 28800 28900 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz

You should replace www.xxx.yyy.zzz with the IP Address of the PC behind the
masquerade that will be running the BattleCom Client.