Apache broke SWAT

Robert Ambrose rna@testpt.com
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 20:00:12 -0700 (MST)

Your real problem right now is lack of information.  You know swat
provides it's services on port 901.

Lets forget Apache for now and focus on swat.

The first place to start is to look and see what (if anything) has a
socket bound to and listening on port 901.  My favorite way to do this is
to use 'lsof -i :901'.  RH 6.1 installs this by default (yea!!).

If there are no socksts bound to port 901 (i.e. lsof shows no processes),
then the task is to find out why.

If a program other than swat has grabbed port 901, then the task is to
find out why that program has port 901.

So the first thing you need to do is a 'lsof -i :901'.

rna