linux & ipmasq

Marc mgfh_4@uswest.net
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 19:41:30 -0700

Hi all,
I'm fairly new to linux and ran across a problem that I'm not sure how to
fix. I'm running a Linux box (Mandrake 7.0), which is set up as a router for
my other winblows comps. I am trying to use a program called battlecom(on
windows comp), which has not worked since I started using my linux box as a
router.
I found the config below on the website of battlecom, but I wasnt sure where
I'm supposed to enter these lines. Do they go into the etc/rc.d/rc.local
file??
Any help is highly appreciated.
Thanks
Marc

Step 1: You need to have root or su access.
Step 2: Find the ipmasqadm rpm for ipchains or the ipautofw rpm if you're
using ipfwadm and install the RPM (if not already installed... can be found
at rpmfind.net)
Step 3: For IP Chains use this command set:

ipmasqadm autofw -A -v -r udp 2300 2400 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz
ipmasqadm autofw -A -v -r tcp 2300 2400 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz
ipmasqadm autofw -A -v -r tcp 47624 47624 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz
ipmasqadm autofw -A -v -r udp 47624 47624 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz
ipmasqadm autofw -A -v -r udp 28800 28900 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz

For ipfwadm:

ipautofw -A -v -r udp 2300 2400 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz
ipautofw -A -v -r tcp 2300 2400 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz
ipautofw -A -v -r tcp 47624 47624 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz
ipautofw -A -v -r udp 47624 47624 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz
ipautofw -A -v -r udp 28800 28900 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz

You should replace www.xxx.yyy.zzz with the IP Address of the PC behind the
masquerade that will be running the BattleCom Client.