Phoenix DSL HOW-TO

J. Francois jlf@magusnet.gilbert.az.us
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 17:39:01 -0700

It seems like on Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 03:17:49PM -0700, Wes Bateman scribbled:
Orig Msg> Jean:
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> I don't believe it uses the second pair.  I'm running DSL on a single
Orig Msg> copper pair, dial tone and DSL all on one pair of copper.  You need to
Orig Msg> install filters between your DSL enabled CO line and your actual
Orig Msg> telephones/modems/faxes, etc. to prevent them from sending any signal into
Orig Msg> the frequency range used by DSL (it's cool because you notice nothing, no
Orig Msg> speed degredation or anything when on the phone and using your DSL
Orig Msg> full-bore, because they operate at very different frequency ranges.)
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> It's probably not material really, but I just had to nit-pick :)  (is
Orig Msg> nit-pick spelled right?  hmm, not a word I've ever typed out before hehe)
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> Wes
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> > You don't need a second phone line. The DSL circuit uses one pair and
Orig Msg> > your phone uses the other pair in a standard phone line installation.
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg>

Please examine the URLs I sent on *S*DSL.

*MY* configuration uses 1 pair for SDSL and 1 pair for tip and ring.

JLF Sends...