Phoenix DSL HOW-TO

Wes Bateman wes@bgcs.org
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 15:17:49 -0700 (MST)

Jean:

I don't believe it uses the second pair.  I'm running DSL on a single
copper pair, dial tone and DSL all on one pair of copper.  You need to
install filters between your DSL enabled CO line and your actual
telephones/modems/faxes, etc. to prevent them from sending any signal into
the frequency range used by DSL (it's cool because you notice nothing, no
speed degredation or anything when on the phone and using your DSL
full-bore, because they operate at very different frequency ranges.)

It's probably not material really, but I just had to nit-pick :)  (is
nit-pick spelled right?  hmm, not a word I've ever typed out before hehe)

Wes