@home

Mike Sheldon msheldon@desertraven.com
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 23:34:55 -0700

They're looking for news servers because they nearly suffered a usenet death
penalty due to ijits running rogue news servers on their networks.

Michael J. Sheldon
Internet Applications Developer
Phone: 480.699.1084
http://www.desertraven.com/
PGP Key Available on Request
-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of WildThing
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2000 22:46
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: @home

I am a customer of cox communications on @home cable modems.  I have been
scanned many times and lately their efforts have been doubled on the scans.
The ip address is 24.0.94.130  All their efforts have been blocked on port
119.  My question is why are they looking for a news server?  Also is their
anyway they could bust me for having an ftp/mail/web/telnet server up with
these scans when they are being blocked by the linux firewall.