Cheap Socket 7 motherboard

Mark Peoples hondaman@mainex1.asu.edu
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 16:18:51 -0700

Try pcparadise.com. I got stuff from him long ago (233MMX when it was 'the
chip'), and I remember that he would often time 'trade' stuff for customers.
EG, a customer has a Pentium machine but wants a P2 machine...they 'trade'
him the Pentium to make their new machine a little cheaper.

He's in Mesa, on Main St. His name is Dave.

Mark Peoples - gascsd@gascairlines.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark R. Myers [mailto:mmyers@pamarq.com]
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2000 1:32 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Cheap Socket 7 motherboard

My 486 DX4/120MHz died recently (the battery died and I did not want to
bother trying to resurrect it).
While running, it ran Win98 because I had problems with Linux and its VESA
local bus ports.
Yesterday someone gave me a Pentium 90 MHz chip and I would like to build a
low-end Linux server.
Where can one get a decently priced (maybe even used) AT-style Socket 7
motherboard?
I was checking TC Computing (I bought my 386 there when they were still
called "Treasure Chest") and they are running about $90-$100.
Way too much for what I want to put together.
I just need a motherboard, a PCI video card, and a network card.
Any help on where in the Phoenix area would have this stuff at a reasonable
price would be appreciated.
Mark