Perplexing problem

Joseph T. Tannenbaum tannenba@access1.com
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 17:46:23 -0700

Sounds like it is doing a fsck.  Did you try to just leave it
for awhile?  A large did COULD take hours to check, though it
shouldn't.  Did you shut down clean?  If you don't use the
shutdown command to properly shut down, it will fsck when it
boots, just as Windoz 98 does with scandisk.

Joseph T. Tannenbaum, MCSE, MCP+I
tannenba@access1.com
http://members.access1.net/tannenba/