Windows manager

Tim Weaver Tim.Weaver@visitalk.com
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 14:43:45 -0700

My Toshiba has 48 mb RAM (the most available at the time) and a 1.2 GB HD.
I know KDE is GUI...what I meant was "how to install xxx GUI and remove
KDE".  I haven't played enough with Linux to know, since the machine is too
slow!! :)

I will be installing Linux on a 10 GB drive for my home computer (I am going
to use a swap tray for the HD so there will be NO way I screw up my Windows
installation...as much as I hate it, I have a lot of valuable info I don't
want hosed).  So, what I will end up doing is partitioning the 10GB linux
drive to have a file server, a mail server and an apache server to play
with, and keep the laptop as a workstation to run off the server.

/NEWBIE ALERT
So, anyone able to point me to a HOW-TO to uninstall KDE and install another
GUI?  (Like, how the heck to untarball a tarball and un .gz a .gz)
/NEWBIE ALERT

Thanks,
Tim