uninstalling sound in RH 6.0

Robert Ambrose rna@testpt.com
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 23:27:09 -0700 (MST)

From the way the script reads (rc.sysinit), if it doesn't find 'alias
sound' in conf.modules then it will try to load the module aliased as
'sound' i.e. 'sb'.  The applies also for 'alias midi'.  So you *should* be
able to disable loading sound/midi by removing those lines from the
conf.modules file.  As always backup the original.  There's always a
possibility that something else further into the system startup could do
something with sound/midi.

rna