Memory question

Kevin O'Connor kevin_oconnor.geo@yahoo.com
Mon, 06 Mar 2000 22:45:58 -0700

Eric wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I am running RH 6.1 on my computer and it won't see all 128 MB of my
> RAM....  help!
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Eric

Two other ways to solve the problem are:

1) Add the text "mem=127m" to the end of your command that you enter at
the lilo: boot prompt.
example >>> lilo: linux mem=127m

Don't tell it about the full amount of memory since some of it may not
be accessible to LINUX. Holding 1 meg seems to work well enough.

2) Use linuxconf to modify the boot command line that lilo boots with if
you don't type anything and it times out. The section you want is Config
--
Kevin O'Connor

"Waving away a cloud of smoke, I look up, and am blinded by a bright,
white
light. It's God. No, not Richard Stallman, or Linus Torvalds, but God.
In
a booming voice, He says: "THIS IS A SIGN. USE LINUX, THE FREE UNIX
SYSTEM
FOR THE 386."
(Matt Welsh)