Something must be done! (Security)

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 22:35:16 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, James, Justin wrote:

> Maybe a how-to for the website on how to do a basic check to see if you box
> is secure and up to date would be appropriate.  I know I would interested in
> seeing how one would really go about doing a security check and some of the
> tips, tricks, and tools used.

Take Jean Francois' course at Viking Systems ;-).

Actually, it would be great if someone would critique the current Security
HOWTO for us. There are some other security-related HOWTOs on
www.LinuxDoc.org as well. The author of the firewall penetrating HOWTO
recently wrote to say he hasn't maintained it well, but does plan on
updating it soon.

ciao,

der.hans
--